Delivering Unmatched Quality
GT through partnerships, is an industry leader in providing Wellbore Seismic Services. Many experts have indicated that Borehole related seismic data applications are underutilized in the upstream oil and gas exploration industry. Unmatched quality and quantity of recording equipment, superior processing techniques and pre-survey modeling combine to make GT borehole services unparalleled in Europe and beyond:
- 104 levels of 3-component geophone modules, magnetic or spring bar clamping,
- 4000+ meters of fiber optic, truck mounted cable for high capacity borehole deployment,
- Robust and redundant recording and testing hardware and software,
- Unique processing techniques that allow the use of surface seismic processing tools for well-bore imaging applications,
- Model driven micro-seismic processing that differs from standard earthquake location methods, where matched P-wave and S-wave events are required. Events are located with just P-wave or just S-wave, allowing the identification of many more seismic events than traditional methods.
- Easy Mobilization from Poland to anywhere in Europe and beyond.
There are many advantages for using borehole recorded seismic over surface recorded seismic:
- One-way travel time, improving transmission loss and significantly improving temporal resolution and signal to noise ratio,
- Steep-dip imaging is made possible and practical with vertical borehole arrays,
- Long vertical arrays, allow for full wave recording with excellent depth and XY resolution.
GT’s Borehole Seismic Solutions include the following Applications:
- Zero Offset, 2D (Walkaway) and 3D VSPs,
- Micro-Seismic Monitoring of Fracture Stimulation,
- VSP (Walkaway) during drilling to accurately update the target location.